It's Friiiiiiiday! Happy weekend. And, GO BROWNS! The game last night was pretty freaking amazing, and even more amazing that it was against the Bengals. AND - we're tied with the Steelers?! It's a good day to be a Browns fan.
Tim and I are getting our wood floors refinished, so we'll be in and out of our house all weekend, dodging polyurethane fumes. It'll be SO nice to have our house back in working order soon... #ourcouchisinthemiddleofourkitchen
Even though our house looks like a tornado went through it, I'm making a concerted effort to "make today count" every day. Sometimes I rush through the day when exciting plans lie ahead, but this weekend I'm working on being in the moment; splinters, fumes, and all. Does anyone have fun weekend plans?
Here are a few things to read, watch and enjoy this weekend...
- Learn "How to live like a motherfucker", by Amy Selwyn. Talk about perspective. Trust me, it's worth the read.
- Take a peek at this post about the Splash Infuser on I Heart Cleveland! The Kickstarter campaign is nearing the end, with just 6 days left. Score a few Splash Infusers for yourself at a bargain rate and help Tim and his team develop, manufacture, and launch their very own product - manufactured in the USA. Go to SplashInfuser.com to learn more.
- Apparently I made a cameo in the Weapons of Mass Creation 2014 video, smiling my face off... what a surprise! ;) You'll see me at the 4:40 mark. We had just listened to Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge give a really powerful speech, which I recapped in this blog post, aptly titled "meeting an idol".
- I made this beef stew last weekend and it might be the simplest, most delicious beef stew I've ever had. Try it for yourself! Thank you, Pioneer Woman, for your wit and your culinary prowess.
- I really, really love Reese Witherspoon. I also really, really love Vogue's 73 Questions series. So abrupt, so awkward, and so great. Watch Reese's 73 Questions here.
PS : Tim and I finally saw "Gone Girl" this week and OHMYGOD. I didn't read the book, as much as I wanted to, so I had no idea what to expect. I desperately need someone to gossip with about this mindf*ck of a book/movie... I can't get it off my mind.
Hope everyone has a warm, cozy weekend!