For whatever reason, Dads are SO hard to buy for. My dad always tells me he doesn't need anything but smiling faces... :) but it's a little tricky to wrap up a smiling face year after year. Here are some great ideas for Dad that aren't the traditional tie and cufflinks...
1. Dropcatch Bottle Opener, $65 : This thing is awesome. You mount it to your wall and not only is it a convenient (and pretty) bottle opener, but the backing is magnetic so it will hold your bottle caps.
2. Quirky Metal Sliders, $27.99 for 4 : Make Dad feel like a grill-master with these metal sliders. Let me know if you want a signed copy from the inventor himself, Tim Hayes!
3. Vans, $60 : Keep Dad looking sharp and trendy in these two-tone Vans from J.Crew.
4. Chambray Bow Tie, $59.50 : Again, Dad may need help in the fashion arena, and this chambray bow tie will keep him looking dapper.
5. Brushed Stainless Steel & Wood Cocktail Shaker, $19.95 : Dad will mix up cocktails like a pro, and look great doing it.
6. Leather Card Holder, $29.50 : Keep Dad's pockets light with this leather card holder.
7. McClure's Spicy Pickles, $14 (sold in most Heinen's) : These are delicious, and hot. hot. hot. Great for Dad's that love Bloody Mary's, and/or getting their hands on anything and everything that will set their mouths on fire.
8. Brooklyn BrewShop Everyday IPA Beer Making Kit, $39.99 : If your Dad is a kid at heart, he'll love this "science experiment" with the added bonus... homemade beer.
9. Michael Symon's Carnivore Cookbook, $20.34 : Nothing beats Michael Symon recipes, and this Carnivore cookbook is perfect for meat-lovers and Michael Symon supporters.